Awesome Followers

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Kich N Bleus ~Hawaiian Card

I love the layout of this card.I used a page of a book and distressed the edges, matted and added to white metal circles (I have no idea what these are actually called) with my I*rock in the corner. I added more paper as you can see in a Hawaiian paper. The middle background paper is embossed and the edges are inked.
TIP***I saw awhile back a tip from a fellow crafter. I wish I still had the post but unfortunately I can not remember where it is located. She said that see printed her digital image then put the cut out shape on top of the printed out page and re-ran it through the printer to print the image on the pre cut shape. So I tried it and YAY it worked. Super excited because I can not for the life of me get the center on the Cricut to cut right. So I cut out the oval then taped it on top of the printed out image and ran the paper through again. I did this with several images and am so excited it worked. I am so thankful for the lady that gave me this tip. Thank you!

I inked all around the circle with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Honey something :) I colored the skirt with my copic marker then added a think layer of glue and glittered with a matching color. I colored the rest with my prism colored pencils then blended with gamsol. I am not good at my Copic's yet and only have 6 so I am slowly figuring them out. I think I need different card stock to color my copic on and I am not sure I want to invest more money on them yet. Anyhoo on to the image...
Here is the set of digital stamps I picked from. Check them out here.You get 13 images for $7.99. That is a great deal if you are interested in them.
I found this card layout on a wonderful blog I follow http://simplystamping.blogspot.com/ She makes very pretty cards.

2 comments:

Sonya said...

Great job on the image!! I used Copic XPress It paper for my images and I will use nothing else, it's wonderful. I get it from Oozak.com (Excellent service and price, create a login to see the best pricing). It works well with digis and traditional stamps using Momento ink. It's well worth the investment!!

Tricia T said...

I feel honored that you used my layout! :-) How fun! I love how you used the page from the book as your designer paper. That is such a great look!!