Awesome Followers

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

GD 1st post Birthday cards

This was on http://craftycardgallery.blogspot.com/ 
yesterday where I was the guest designer! YAY super exciting. My first time guest designing. If you have an Iphone you should download this ap and check out all the great cards on it. I love to use this ap to lead me to get blogs while my hubby drives us to our destination. Check out her blog even if you don't have the ap there are so many great peoples cards on there.

My first posting is of two cards using the same cut from Sweet Treats. I used the cake on page 40 in the manual. I wanted to make something original, which is hard to do with all the great crafters I follow. I came up with this.




I cut the circles using my circle punch, inked the edges of the top two and glued them all down overlapping slightly. Then I tied the ribbon around the card. I cut the cake at 2 1/2 inches, stamped the image, and sprayed with glitter.  I use glitter that comes in a spray can. It is a lot cheaper to buy then the small bottles. You can find the spray glitter at any of the craft store in the spray paint section.

The second card I made is the same cake but the card cut out at 7 inches. I added the layers and sprayed glitter on the candle only. I added blue jewels using my I*rock at the bottom.
Closer view of the details.

Thank you for looking and I hope you get the chance to check my blog. I love comments and look forward to hearing from you.

2 comments:

Lisa Echerd said...

Love all your great ideas for circles!

Just Me said...

The circles for the background is a neat idea. The cake looks great.