Awesome Followers

Saturday, July 6, 2013

SSS218 Blue Birthday Flowers

The Sweet Stop sketch this week is great as always. I wanted to tone down my card this week since I have been making such bright cards each week. This one I used ColorBok paper.
I love this card. There are times that I have a hard time letting go of a card because I love it so much. This is one of those cards.
I used a white flower and took little blue ink and lightly went over it. Then I sprayed Shimmer Mist over it.
I used a Sweet N Sassy image called Coneflowers and Butterfly that I love and use often. I colored it with Copics, added Stickles to the yellow of the flower, and Glossy Accents to the butterfly.
I used Birthday Innies clear stamp set for the inside sentiment. I love this set and use it often.

Head on over to The Sweet Stop and play along with us!

8 comments:

Cathymac said...

Beautiful Jamie! Love the elegant colors and papers. Your shimmery flower is the perfect accent for your card! Hugs!

Indy's Designs said...

I can see why you wouldn't want to give this beauty away! (Maybe you could mail it to yourself!) I don't own this image, but it's now on my ever growing wish list! Beautiful coloring and great paper selection! Gorgeous!!
{hugs}
Debbie

Ann said...

I agree, Jamie - this is a keeper! Love the soft colouring and thank you for sharing your treatment of the flower - so useful to know! A great take on this sketch - I will make a note to use this sketch with this stamp in the future. Hugs!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty Jamie. Love the pretty flowers and the coloring. The paper flower with the brad is the perfect embellishment!

Stephanie said...

I would have a hard time letting go of this one too. Stunning!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

This card is lovely! Great color combination!

Unknown said...

This is such a beautiful card! I love this image, the way you colored it and the colors you used!

Robin Parker said...

Jamie, I love the brown and blue colors. The designer papers are just gorgeous.